2-22 lights up the city
People are talking about the two partners once again as a result of an innovative major outdoor signing project using LED video screens on the two sides of the 2-22 building facing Saint-Laurent Boulevard and Sainte-Catherine Street.
This remarkable Quartier des Spectacles building now has a uniquely distinctive signature, lending it a strong cultural identity that will enable it to raise its profile, as well assert its own role as a window on the Montréal cultural landscape. The building’s three exterior walkways can be turned into video screens presenting ambient creative content, in addition to the information on local happenings in the arts that lies at the heart of La Vitrine’s mission to promote Montréal culture.
Displays can be controlled remotely and in real time thanks to the X-Agora software developed by Moment Factory and La Vitrine’s databases. A true innovation from Moment Factory, the Montréal company that this year also created:
- The largest immersive multimedia installation in any North American airport for a new terminal in Los Angeles;
- The Mégaphone interactive installation in Montréal’s Quartier des Spectacles;
- Boardwalk Beat, its third sound and light show in Atlantic City;
- A permanent urban lighting installation in Winnipeg;
- And a light and sound show in London, Ontario.