100 years old and still thinking about tomorrow
A witness to the history of the Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève borough, the Joseph-Adéodat-Chauret house was built around 1910.
The building that used to house the town hall has, since June, been occupied by the heritage centre Espace patrimoine et histoire, a place of remembrance and sharing for everyone in the community. Genealogy, archives, toponymy, natural heritage… the residents of this borough can now access all the information gathered by the Société patrimoine et histoire. This in turn enables the Société to fulfill its mandate to protect and disseminate the area’s historic legacy, which it does with great diligence and enthusiasm.